Paris-Sud University can be reached either by car or by RER (suburb train network). RER B (blue line on the maps) connects Orsay with both airports (Charles de Gaulle or Orly), and with all parisian train stations, via the subway or the bus 91 .
FROM THE AIRPORTS
There are two airports in Paris : Roissy Charles de Gaule Airport (CDG) and Orly Airport (ORY).
FROM PARIS TRAIN STATIONS
- From Charles de Gaulle airport
- We advise you to take RER B. Take any train
from CDG to Paris (but if possible, it is better to take a direct or semi-direct train, they are much much faster). Then you may have to change
in Paris: get off for example in "Luxembourg", stay on the same side
and wait for a train that goes to "Bures sur Yvette" (direction "saint remy
les chevreuses"), or to "Le Guichet" (direction "Orsay") if you want to reach "Hotel d'Orsay".
- The taxi from CdG to Orsay costs approximately 100 to 120 euros (in the evening).
- From Orly Airport
- Take the OrlyVal at the airport that drops you directly at "Anthony" RER B Station.
- From Anthony, take the RER train that goes to Orsay or Saint Remy-les-Chevreuse to come to the conference.
INFORMATION ON RER B
- From Paris station "Gare du Nord"
- Direct connection via RER B
- From Paris station "Gare de l'Est"
- "Gare de l'Est" is very close to "Gare du Nord", you should exit the station and turn right (when you have the main entrance in your back) to walk along the side of the tracks (you must walk up stairs). You should see "Gare du nord" in the street "Rue de Dunkerque" on your left.
- From Paris station "Gare Montparnasse"
- Take the bus 91 located at the left when you exit the station. Stop at Port Royal (RER station). Take the RER B toward Saint Remy-les-Chervreuse.
- From Paris station "Gare de Lyon"
- Take the bus 91 toward "Gare Montparnasse" located at the left when you exit the station. Stop at Port Royal (RER station). Take the RER B toward Saint Remy-les-Chervreuse.
In RER stations, you will find two types of displays:
A ticket from Paris-Luxembourg to Bures-sur-Yvette costs 5.05
euros (a set of 10 tickets costs 40.40 euros). Price may change according to the distance.
- some screens give only the final destination of trains (from center Paris take only
"Orsay" or "Saint Remy les Chevreuses") with their passage time.
Some old style boards give a list of all the stations: the small light in front
is "on" if the train stops in the station.
| FROM RER B TO BUILDING 210 |
The conference will take place at the Laboratory of Theoretical Physics,
Orsay Campus. It is located in building number 210.
The closest RER station is "Bures sur Yvette", though it is possible
to walk also from the station "Orsay Ville". To go from the RER station "Bures sur Yvette" to the conference
- Exit from the station and cross the tracks.
Follow the street perpendicular to the tracks until you have a church in front of you.
- Take the path going down on the right of the church for approximately 100m.
- Turn on your left when you find a pedestrian path going down.
- Go down until you cross a small river on a bridge (after the 2nd roundabout).
- Just after the bridge, follow the path until you have building 210 on your right.
To go back to Paris, you can find a RER schedule for trains leaving Orsay Ville here. You can also plan your itinerary here
You can find more indications to come to the conference building
here and a map